Troubleshooting internet connectivity issues can be frustrating.
We get A LOT of frustrated clients, who just want to throw their tower/laptop into the ocean when they deal with issues like this.
Here are some tips:
- Check your internet connection by looking in the bottom right hand corner of screen on your laptop/tower; you will see a picture of computers overlapping each other. If you still don’t see it, take your cursor over the icons on the bottom right and wait for the little descriptions of the programs to appear. (don’t click on them unless you know it is the correct one)
- Choose the one that says Network Connection or Internet Connection by right clicking on it (some computers might tell you if it is connected just by hoovering the mouse over it)
- Once its open it should say: Network or Connect to a Network, depending on your computers operating system.
- If it gives you the option for Connect to a Network then click on that, a new window will appear and a list of internet connections. On that list you should choose your internet connection.
- If it just shows Network, no worries. Just click on that and a window will appear showing you whether or not you are connected to the internet (the diagram they have set up in the window that appears should instantly tell you that you are either connected or not). Local Internet Connection, should be on that new window that appeared. Double click on that and a list of available connections should appear!
IF THIS DOESN’T WORK:
Reboot the computer and turn off your modem. Wait 20 seconds then turn on and see if it was able to connect.
STILL DOESN’T WORK?
You might have a corrupt file disabling it from the internet connection. Bring it to your local computer show for repair, doesn’t take long!
HOW DID YOU GET THE CORRUPT FILE?
Probably something you clicked on or downloaded from the internet, common issue. Just be careful of what you click on or open to avoid having this issue again 🙂
Kevin’s SYV Computer Center
85 W HWY 246
Buellton, CA 93427